Birch Family CampOur summer camp requires the kindness and financial support of people like you. Without your generousity we would not be able to help our familes. Birch Family Camp Really Is More Than A Week In The Woods
Finding families to participate starts with outreach to the many agencies that offer HIV, chemical d...
Over the years, we’ve recruited in a number of ways: in trade newsletters; on college job boards, th...
Since its began in 1989, Birch Family Camp has provided year-round hope, compassion...
Finding families to participate starts with outreach to the many agencies that offer HIV, chemical dependency or family support services. By reaching out to these agencies, we have built a relationshi...
Over the years, we’ve recruited in a number of ways: in trade newsletters; on college job boards, through schools of social work, psychology, medicine or teacher’s colleges; within our camper popu...
Since its began in 1989, Birch Family Camp has provided year-round hope, compassion, advocacy, education and acceptance to children, families and caregivers from the five boroughs of ...
Contact Birch Family CampFor more information on our camp please fill out this form or call us at (281) 797-4728. Thank you for your interest.
Birch allowed us to impact the lives of people in need with art, activities, and the simplest things in life. More importantly, Birch allowed those people to impact us. Some of my greatest friendships and experiences started there. A part of the path I currently lead with my work was inspired by my experience with Birch.
Birch camp has got to be the best thing that has happened to my family. I appreciate everything about it. The concept and design of it all. I’m proud to be a part of such an adventure. The people dedicated to making it happen every year, have the goldenest hearts. I love them so much. The best is the feeling of not being alone, and that I don’t have to carry my burden alone. Thank you friends.
I couldn’t imagine a summer without going to camp. No matter how mentally and physically exhausting it might have been, the kids, the parents and the volunteers have become a second family. Once the families get off the bus, they are welcomed with posters and hugs. Spending a whole week with people that you might not know may seem daunting, but by the end of the week you can’t wait for camp to starts again.
Birch Family Camp FACTS
- Birch is a safe space where children and families effected by HIV / AIDS can find love and acceptance
- This is a true camp experiences for each family
- All families are from New York City
- Volunteers are from across the United States, Canada and as far away as Ireland
- Family members could include parents, grandparents, caregivers, children, foster parents, or any combination of the family structure
- There is absolutely NO COST to the families that attend Birch Family Camp
- The camp consist of two one week sessions.
- It is a safe place where families can open up about their status to one another
- The camp acts as an advocate for each camper beyond the one week retreat
- Birch is a safe place that doesn’t judge but provide love and respect
- For the adults, it’s a time for fun, relaxation, education and self-reflection
- Families are able to meet other families going through the same hardships
- Friendships and a support network are formed over the coarse of a week and often continue past the end of camp.
- For the children, it’s a time to be a kid — where they can play outside in the woods, in a safe environment